Diamondback Clarity 1 Hybrid Bike 19″ (large) Frame, 700c Wheels New – $299.00 S/N U11YK12631.
Diamondback has an incredible consumer recognition and customer loyalty but up until recently that has been in the MTB & BMX markets. My thrust at EZgo-Now has also been MTB, Hybrids & Comforts Bikes. Primarily because my specialty is Electric Bike Conversions & these bikes are generally better suited to an E-Bike Conversion than light weight road bikes like the Clarity. That said, I was somewhat surprised & perhaps disappointed when I unpacked the Clarity 1. In this case the term “Hybrid” meant “racing/Road Bike” NOT Road Bike/Mountain Bike. Fortunately my disappointment was short lived. This is a “Gorgeous Bicycle”, esthetically, Fit & Finish, Ride & Handling this is a great bike.
Fortunately it’s a large ladies bike & it was able to accommodate my 6′ 200 lb. frame without too much of a problem. The first, most notable difference between the Clarity & what I’m used to is the weight or lack there-of. I can lift this bike over my head with one hand. The beefy aluminum frame is extremely stiff, responsive, light & attractive. The large 700c wheels make the bike roll very easy, smooth & helps in giving it exceptional stopping power. As mentioned earlier, the fit and finish is fantastic & overall it has a very understated elegance about it. Although it does have feminine characteristics it is in no way a “GIRLIE BIKE”. The Shimano components are not the top of the line stuff you’ll find on $1,000 road bikes but they work exceptionally well. Everything has a very light touch & feels quick & precise. Bottom line, it’s extremely smooth & stable, feels very close to effortless in around town riding & it looks damn good. Here’s what Diamondback (http://www.diamondback.com/2012-clarity-1) has to say about it.
The Clarity series fits into the Performance Hybrid category. Taking the best from both the mountain and road worlds, The Performance Hybrid combines their elements to create the ultimate machine. Large diameter 700c wheels offer an efficient platform for this nimble, lightweight bike that’s suitable for commuting, training or simply a weekend ride. Our Clarity series also embraces performance factors valued by today’s training racers and charity riders. The Clarity series falls into our Devine Designs line which pays tribute to women riders. The collection features bike geometries built for women’s smaller frames and colors that reflect women’s tastes in aesthetics. You’ll find the same devotion to technology and elegant craftsmanship that’s engineered into all of our Diamondbacks – in designs specifically tailored towards the female rider.
- Frame 19” with Clarity 6061-T6 Devine Geometry, Butted Alum Performance Hybrid w/ Formed / Hooded Top Tube Integrated Headtube, VCS compliant stays, replaceable derailleur hanger
- Fork Clarity integrated Ferous Aero Hi-Ten steel straight blade
- Cranks Shimano FCM131 w/ chainguard, 28/38/48t
- Bottom Bracket Sealed Cartridge
- F. Derailleur Shimano TX51
- R. Derailleur Shimano Altus
- Shifter Shimano EF-51 Easyfire 7spd
- Brake Levers Shimano EF-51
- Brakes Alloy Linear
- Cassette Shimano 7spd Freewheel (14-28t)
- Rims 32h Equation R23 Doublewall
- Pedals DB Toe Clip Compatible PlatformTires
- Tires Kenda Kwick Trax 700x32c
- Handlebar DB 31.8mm low rise Alloy
- Stem DB 3D Forged 7° 31.8mm
- Seatpost Alloy Micro Adjust 27.2mm
- Seat DB Performance Hybrid w/ Gel
- Headset Integrated “Cane Creek” size drop-in ACB 1 1/8″
- Chain KMC-Z51
- Hubset (F) 32h Alloy QR (R) 32h Alloy QR Cassette
- Spokes Black 14g Stainless Steel
- Grips Avenir Ergo 3-D Comfort
- Extras Owner’s manual, Chainstay Protector, Clear Coat, H20 bottle mounts
Dealer Options Include. Water Bottle Mount w/bottle, Rear Carrier Rack, Rear Bags, Kick Stands, Lighting, etc.
Some average On-Line prices are:
343.99 for 2012 Clarity 1 Performance Hybrid Bike + Shipping @ vine.com
$450.00 2013 Clarity 1 Performance Hybrid Bike & FREE Shipping. Amazon
You’ll pay $299.00 from EZgo-Now.com. Professionally assembled & set-up. I will make all adjustments based on your body geometry and feedback. Please try to find a suitable vehicle or vehicle with a bike rack to pick your bike up. Nothing will knock your derailleurs out of adjustment and cause your chain to jump off faster than trying to stuff a bike into a car trunk. Not to mention the damage you can do to your vehicle.
YOU CAN INSPECT & TEST RIDE THIS BIKE OR ANY OF OUR BICYCLES BEFORE YOU BUY. JUST CALL or EMAIL MATT AT EZGO-NOW.COM IN CARLISLE & SCHEDULE A RIDE. (717) 497-9917 or firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form or the Reply Box at the bottom of the page.
This bike is for local pick-up only in Carlisle, PA. Please call (717) 497-9917, email email@example.com or use any of the contact forms on our web-site if your interested in this bike.
Thank You, Matt Waters